Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Local Colors 2010



Saturday we attended what I believe is downtown Roanoke's finest festival...Local Colors.



As usual, Elmwood Park was jam-packed.



As luck would have it, the performers I really wanted to see took the stage as soon as we got there.



These girls are fantastic.



I just love their music and the way they move.



Even the little kids got into it.



The main reason I, along with many others, go to Local Colors is for the food. Each of those booths lining the street represent different countries.



This time they had a couple of new ones, including France which had someone making fresh crepes. I had every intention of getting one for dessert but after I had my scrumptious chicken Thai dish I had no room left.

One disappointment was the Italian booth. I can say that because I am Italian. All they had were some crappy pizelles and a travel tour guide book they gave away for "free" if you bought some cookies. The booth was devoid of any Italian experience whatsoever. It was really pathetic. When I spoke to the people running it, a bunch of very senior citizens, and offered some suggestions along with help, they didn't like what I had to say. "You don't even look Italian" one of them said to me. Haha! Another said, "You could be in charge next year!" Okay I will. My daughter and I signed a paper with our name and address which I'm sure they promptly threw out.

On the way back to the car she and I talked about all the neat things we would have in the booth showing Italian culture, art, music, clothes, etc. The food would be a no-brainer, if I could think of a way to keep it hot -- pizza, sausage and peppers, baked ziti, zeppoles, peaches in wine (I don't know if they allow alcoholic beverages so that's iffy) etc. We could dress in togas and sell garland Caesar-like headpieces for the kids, much like the Norse booth sells their horned hat. The possibilities would be endless. If they call, I'll be happy to help. If not, maybe we should think about starting our own local Italian-American group, since this one doesn't seem to have much of a presence in the Roanoke Valley. I'll send in the big gun...who'll make them an offer they can't refuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment