Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Elephants at the Salem Fair

When one goes to a county fair one would expect farm animals to be present, although I don't know if all fairs race pigs.


This one is eating an oreo, which is probably the only one at the fair which has not been deep-fried.


But seeing elephants there is a strange sight, and there were two at the Salem Fair -- one from India and another from Africa. Although the trainers say they are treated well, I swear I felt the sadness in their eyes. Here's the Indian princess...

"Don't let my smile fool ya..."
 
The lady is crossing her back leg
 
"If you don't give me a treat I'm gonna eat this little girl."
 
"Ya got nothing better than a whole loaf of bread?"

Here are some shots of the lady from Africa...

 
 
"Help me..."
 
 
 

 
 
"I'm just of ghost of my former self..."
 

After the show, a long line formed to ride the elephant for $7.00. Fairs are supposed to be a "happy" place, so why does the Salem Fair always make me sad?





No comments:

Post a Comment