Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sorcerer's Apprentice

When the kids got home from school yesterday I told them about the strange broom occurrence which one of my friends remarked reminded her of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice."



I think that snippet is the best/only good thing Disney/Mickey ever did. If only I could get my broom to sweep the house that would be cool, and it would be even cooler if my toilet bowl brush would fling itself into the toilet now and then too.

Anyway, as I was relating the story, my daughter said that reminded her of what happened in her room yesterday morning. She said as she was getting ready for school her eyelash curler flung across the room and hit her in the leg. I asked her why she didn't tell me when it happened as she usually does, and she reminded me how chaotic yesterday morning was with all of us rushing frantically since we were all an hour late to get to wherever we were going. That's true, as I even forgot to tell her about the broom.

My son, the "scientific one" tried to debunk the broom fling by setting it up in different corners and tipping it over through the doorway to see where it would land. Never mind that something would have to "tip it over" in the first place to have it fall. No matter where he placed it, and how forceful he tipped it, he could not get it to fall into my room, replicate the position it landed, nor fly the distance it was found from where it originally stood. After a couple of attempts we all just shrugged our shoulders, placed the broom back against the wall and had an afternoon snack.

I think what's really the weirdest thing is that we are so nonchalant about these type of events. I sometimes wonder if anyone else would experience what we experience if it would cause them alarm. I guess we've become so jaded that our paranormal experiences are "normal," and as long as there's no harm done to us, there's no foul.

3 comments:

  1. You really do have an entertaining poltergist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as they remain fun poltergeists and not scary I wouldn't have a problem with one taking residence in my home.

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird how we can start to accept scary events when they begin to feel routine. I think it might be a coping mechanism.

    ReplyDelete