Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pride Parade 2011

On Sunday we walked along Fifth Avenue from 32nd Street to meet our Docent on 10th Street so we could watch the Pride Parade together.



Since NY passed the right for gays to marry the night before the atmosphere along the route was giddy.



I had never attended this parade before and was astonished at how large it was. Everyone was so happy and gay.



I could only imagine the pain this guy felt walking all the way from 34th Street in those heels. My feet were killing me and I was in flip-flops...



Yes, that's Alex and Simon from Real Housewives of New York. Wonder where Sonya was...



I have never seen so many floats, more than the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...



These guys and dolls loved striking a pose...

















The parade was a blast. My only complaints were that there were so many people that it was difficult to get around -- the stores we planned on shopping at in the Village were all closed -- and the darn thing went on forever. We left after four hours, went to get something to eat, and discovered it was still going strong when we tried to make our way back to the west side.

Luckily I had picked a restaurant on St. Mark's Place so we didn't have to try to cross the parade to get something to eat. We ventured into The Crooked Tree, a little hole in the wall that specializes in crepes.



It was wonderful, and possibly the best meal I had while in Manhattan. They also have special sandwiches and the best fried zucchini I ever had. Here's my Docent trying to get the secret ingredient out of the chef...



The white sangria was fabulous and is made with pear nectar. I had two glasses and the waiter did something that never happens in Roanoke -- he bought me another glass. I don't get why people say New Yorkers are rude. I think New Yorkers are the most personable and fun people. I never feel like I'm amongst strangers when I'm there.



All in all it was a fun, but exhausting day.

1 comment: