Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Friday, March 12, 2010

High Tech Procrastination

I just had to post a link to Workforced's latest blog entry..."Social Notworking."

"The internet is a dangerous place for the office worker. For example, just imagine how surprised my manager was when he tried to order stationary from the website ‘Pen Island’ dot com, only to discover that it was actually ‘Penis Land’ dot com. At least, that’s the excuse that kept him his job. Personally, I think the internet is a fad. In five years we’ll all go back to wireless radio."

Luckily I'm my own boss, so don't have to worry about anyone looking over my shoulder, but agree totally that all these social networking sites can be nothing but "high tech procrastination." One thing's for sure, I used to have more fun hanging out by the water cooler with live people than I do now with cyber folks who you really never get to know.

"And then there’s Web 2.0: twice the waste of time of the old internet. Social networking has connected us far more than we ever wanted and we’re powerless to escape. I remember thinking when text messaging arrived: “Great, that’s just what my life needs, more typing”. Now add Twitter, which is text messaging over the internet, Myspace (which is anything but mine: someone else owns it), and the supreme evil of In-Your-Facebook. Its nothing but high tech procrastination!"

I could only imagine how much more time I would waste if I knew how to use AIM. Since I'm way behind on a couple of projects perhaps it's time I fired myself for wasting so much time on-line. Maybe I'll give myself a warning first, set time limits and see how that goes. If that doesn't work I'll have no choice but to get rid of myself...No one's indispensable.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, the Internet can be a huge time waster! Worse, at my old job at a magazine, we were required to use blogging, twitter, Facebook, etc. to grow our magazine brands. It's very fun, but at the end of the day you still have four articles to edit, a couple of columns to write, etc.

    ReplyDelete