Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Historic Tredegar in Richmond

After I decided I'd seen enough plantations we headed back to the city and spent a Sunday night in Richmond. We had a delicious brunch at a restaurant I can't remember the name of, but it was on a corner and right across the street from the Farmer's Market in the Shockoe district. The food was excellent, but my mimosa was disappointing...not the right mix, too much juice.

From there we headed to Historic Tredegar Iron Works which houses the American Civil War Center. It also is the welcome center for Richmond National Battlefield Park.


Although I wasn't allowed to take photos inside, I did scribble copious amounts of notes and if I could decipher my handwriting I'm sure they will prove most helpful. Here are some photos of the grounds. Wished I would have had more time to explore them further, and still kicking myself for not visiting the battlefield.




For more information on Tredegar's history click here.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the museum. It is laid out really well, and through videos, photos, interactive displays, letters, artifacts, etc., the Civil War story is presented from both "sides," before the beginning, and further than the end. I highly recommend it. Tredegar is located across the street from the James River. The shores of this branch certainly look different from the ones further south.

No comments:

Post a Comment