Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Friday, April 13, 2012

My Secret Hammock

I'm lucky there's a place I can go to right here in Roanoke County when I need to rejuvenate...my secret garden.



The trees leading to it have created a canopy making me feel like I'm walking through a wooded wonderland.



If I'm really lucky, the only sounds I'll hear are the birds and the waterfall in the pond. Between the trees my hammock awaits me.



This is the best time of the year to cocoon myself in it. The mosquitoes have not yet arrived. The only company I have is my Kindle, allowing me to travel the world without leaving Roanoke. This past week I have visited Brooklyn in 1975, and China in the 1930's.



Scary sounds sometimes startle me, but I feel safe -- the broken angel watches over me...



Everyone should have a secret garden with a swinging hammock to retreat to...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am jealous.

    When I lived in TN and was single, I had a great place to sit and write--it was at a National Civil War battlefield. Nothing better than being there in the morning.

    Have a good weekend Elena.

    ReplyDelete