Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Friday, September 10, 2010

I Think I Love Him

"Don't panic. It's not a death sentence. This is 2010. We have ways to treat this now. The people you know who have RA were probably diagnosed twenty years ago. And that's if you have it. I think you do, but we won't know for sure until I run some more tests. I don't like just having a Positive result without an actual number so I'm going to rerun your blood. And I want to get some x-rays of your hands and feet. I'm prescribing Prednisone for two weeks and then I want you back here. No, no, no, it's not going to be a strong dose, just 5 mg. You're not going to get Moon Face or put on weight. I just want to calm your body down and then if everything does come back positive I'll take you off it and put you on a different medicine. No, you're not going to be deformed. The quicker you catch it the better and if you do have RA I believe you're catching it very fast. It was good you listened to your body. I wish more people would. Stop that, you're not that overweight. Let's take care of this and then we'll work on that. You're going to be fine. What part of New York are you from? Ah, Brooklyn. If you don't mind me asking what nationality are you? Ah, Italian, I thought so. **Big Smile** Don't you worry. I'm going to take care of you."

I think I may love this new doctor.

5 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people with RA. They seem to do ok. I think you like this new doctor because he is telling you what you want to hear, although it sounds like he has class and does care.

    BTW, I meant to tell you that as far as restaurants in town go..have you been to MOJO Cafe on Brambleton. I meet one of my daughters there often for breakfast and it is fabulous. We are going to try lunch there next.

    Good luck on new testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, it's even so much that he's telling me what I want to hear...it's that he seemed to be actually listening to me! I didn't feel like I was wasting his time and I like that he's rerunning the tests to make sure. Of course, his weight comment helped too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been on the RA road since Savannah was 8 years old. Let me know if you need any information or advice. Also, join your local arthritis foundation immediately..they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sam...I'll be looking towards my daughter for inspiration. What she has is a million times worse, and she's been dealing with it since she was two, so I'll be damned if I'll let RA get me down. Unlike her condition, at least there are doctors in Roanoke who treat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think you needed inspiration, nor did I think you'd let it get you down...you're a Brooklyn girl! Lol. But you do need to have the right treatment. RA is very different from osteocondroma...and has potential to be much more debilitating. Make sure you have a really good rheumatologist in Roanoke. If not, travel!

    ReplyDelete