Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cherry Trees Grow In Brooklyn

When we made plans to visit the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens ...an oasis located right next to the Brooklyn Museum,



we didn't realize it would be one of the hottest April days on record in New York City...92 degrees! Coming from Roanoke where my garden was on the verge of brilliance, as well as feeling the heat, I was tricked into thinking that this would be a perfect time to visit the gardens. Naturally that wasn't the case as just the spring bulbs were up (pics to come in a later post) but not the roses or summer blooms.



Luckily there was still plenty to admire,



especially my favorites...the cherry trees.







One of the major attractions at the gardens is the Japanese pond and garden which I hadn't visited in over 25 years. I don't remember it being so large.













If I'm reading my husband's mind right he's thinking..."Man look at the size of those Koi. I gotta make a bigger pond."



If I'm reading my daughter's mind right (she is 6.25% Japanese) she's thinking..."Hmmmm, too bad the Japanese don't make calendars like the Chinese restaurants do...I'd make a perfect model!"



If I'm reading my cousin's mind right he's thinking..."Mmmmm, Japanese gardens make me think of Japanese food, all you can eat sushi..."



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment