Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Walking Is My Therapy



There is nothing as refreshing as a crisp apple freshly picked so close to home. I'm fortunate that I live in a beautiful part of Roanoke County very close to Jamisons' Orchards. The mile walk to the farm is always pleasant even if I sometimes have to dodge vehicles.



At the end of my trek I treat myself to freshly picked apples, home-made cashew butter, sugar-free strawberry preserves, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and dried apricots, most locally grown.



Walking back home with the heavy bag on my shoulder I hug the babbling creek and I lose myself in the serenity.



I find the best solutions to problems come when I'm strolling in peace, my mind as clear as the sky. Even though I'm not sitting at the keyboard suddenly a word or phrase comes into my mind that would fit better than a word or phrase I had used in my book. Even when I'm not writing my subconscious mind is. Walking is my therapy.

4 comments:

  1. You are really lucky to live close enough to Jamison's Orchard to walk! I love that place. I feel like I stepped back in time when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for allowing us to share in the beauty of your view there.

    I miss my regular walks, but no someday they'll be a part of my life again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my forties I walked every day, at least a mile or more. I felt great all the time from the fresh air and it also kept my weight down and gave me leg muscles a workout.

    THEN, my feet and knees went bad on my and now I try to walk.. it's a challenge but indeed makes me feel good.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamison's is an interesting spot; my husband likes their apple butter.

    ReplyDelete