Fractured Facade


"A fathers death...a daughter's life...a sociopath's vendetta...FRACTURED FACADE ...a novel written as memoir. Only $3.99 and available wherever eBooks are sold. Click here for direct link to Amazon.

FREE!!!

THE VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE -- A Short Story, Free everywhere...except on Amazon (boo! hiss!) where it's $.99 to buy! Click here for direct link! Let them know it's free at these stores and they may price match it! Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books...more to come.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Starving off the Land

I have garden envy. After reading so many blog posts and viewing pictures of others' growing vegetable gardens I look at mine and sigh. This is my harvest...

The apple...



The peach...



The tomato the chipmunk got to before I did...



The two tomatoes he can't get to, but aren't growing any larger. Oh well, that's what I get for cheaping out and buying the knock-off Upsy Downsy instead of the Topsy Turvy...



The blackberry bush was full of berries until I went out yesterday to harvest them...



This is what's left after the birds had their shindig...



Maybe I could get a fig if the deer would give the tree a chance to grow...



Here is the motherload...hundreds and hundreds of pears. Too bad they're pretty much useless to me since they never seem to ripen, but the critters love 'em. They make a tasty side dish to the koi.



Yup, if we had to live off the land, we'd starve.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha....such a cute, funny post. After being gone for almost a month, my garden is not any looking any better. Chipmunks ate the sunflowers. Beans never produced. Zucchini didn't do anything but grow large leaves, flowers are withering and tomatoes disappeared. I think it's the heat that has been the biggest problem but I also think the deer will be in for the last kill of the season soon. Oh well. We have next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, our harvest has not been bountiful either. We went on vacation for a couple of weeks and the lack of rain decimated our crop. We are getting some tomatoes though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we didn't have a fence around our produce we'd never get anything, either.

    ReplyDelete